dude, quit messing with the naked statue.
Welcome to the 2010 Let’s-See-How-Predictable-We-Can-Be-Movie-Awards. AKA the Oscars. It’s not even fun anymore! You walk in and EVERYONE knows EXACTLY what is going to win. There is zero fun in that. Zero. Okay, maybe a little for the ones who win. But what’s life without a little surprise, huh? Not only is that totally messed up… but this year they eliminated song performances, they ALREADY presented the honorary awards, and don’t get me STARTED on ten nominees for Best Picture.. They’re messing with sacred stuff, here.
Here is what I would REALLY like to happen Sunday night…
1. Meryl Streep wins. Definitely number 1. She’s been nominated SIXTEEN times. For real. And she’s only won twice? That’s ridiculous. She should have won last year. She should have won for Out of Africa or Silkwood. She should win THIS YEAR! Sandra? Why the heck are you even nominated? You’re cool and all but… get out.
2. Up… wins Best Picture. Out of the blue. Up rocked. It should just win best picture. Beating Avatar… and Up in the Air… and all those others. Realistically? I’m pulling for The Hurt Locker.
3. Kathryn Bigelow wins Best Director. This one actually could happen. She is the favorite lately. First woman director to win, that’d be the shiz.
4. Best Actor? Okay, so Jeff Bridges is going to win. Which is cool. He’s cool. Morgan Freeman rocks. And we all know that I love George Clooney… But honestly? I’m pulling for Colin Firth! It’s his first nomination. He’s incredibly underrated.
5. Harry Potter wins Best Cinematography. For kicks and giggles.
6. Stanley Tucci wins. Because he’s awesome, and I hope he wins someday, and I really liked him in Devil Wears Prada and Julie & Julia.
I’m sure Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin will be hilarious. I like hilarious people. Too bad I can’t watch it huh?
For the record though. Here are my official (and not very original) predictions.
Best Picture – The Hurt Locker
Best Director – Kathryn Bigelow
Best Actor – Jeff Bridges
Best Actress – Meryl Streep (I have FAITH!)
Okay. Maybe Sandra Bullock.
Best Supporting Actor – Christoph Waltz
Best Supporting Actress – Mo’Nique
Best Animated – Up
Best Adapted Screenplay – Up in the Air
Best Original Screenplay – The Hurt Locker
Best Score – Up
Best Original Song – The Weary Kind (Theme from Crazy Heart)
Best Makeup – Star Trek
Best Visual Effects – Avatar
Best Art Direction – Avatar
Best Sound Editing – Avatar
Best Sound Mixing – Avatar